2/3 cup of cooked rice
6 bell peppers, any color
1 tbsp olive oil
1 /14 lbs. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 tsp of Explorer Almond Spice Rub or Nori Herb Rub
1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice (mozzarella, cheddar, etc.)
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice according to package instructions or to your liking.
2. Trim about 1/4 inch from tops of bell peppers and then remove stems, ribs and seeds.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add onion and sauté about 3 minutes. Move onions to one side of the skillet
5. Add your ground protein, season with salt and pepper then let sear for 2-3 minutes
6. Break up the ground protein and toss with cooked onions. Continue to cook for about 2 more minutes, add minced garlic and stir until ground protein is full cooked.
7. Remove from heat, drain off excess fat then…
8. Stir in diced tomatoes, cooked rice, Explorer Food seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Fill peppers with mixture
10. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 20 minutes
11. Remove from oven – remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, return to oven (without foil) and bake until peppers have reached to desired tenderness, about 10 – 20 minutes.
12. Remove and serve warm and enjoy!